Melissa Huddleston Issue 43 Endorsement to Vote Yes
Bill Hosket Issue 43 Endorsement to Vote Yes
Linda Moulakis Issue 43 Endorsement to Vote Yes
Elizabeth Seely of the Financial Advisory Board
Fast Facts about Issue 43
- A combined 3.75 mill operating levy and $230 million bond issue (5.17 mills above current collections) that will maintain the high-quality educational programs our community expects, address the physical needs of our aging schools and protect against overcrowding. Enrollment in UA Schools is among the fastest growing school districts in Ohio.
- The need to address our aging schools is urgent. We have reached a critical point where repairing is simply not enough because our mechanical systems are nearing the end — and in some cases beyond — their useful life.
- It funds the rebuilding of the high school and renovating or rebuilding all five elementary schools — with an emphasis on science, technology-ready classrooms, and updated systems (heating, cooling, plumbing, electrical, etc.).
- It is a community-driven, comprehensive facilities master plan that represents the work of hundreds of community volunteers and over 8,000 points of contact with residents.
- Without Issue 43, we will have to use trailers as classrooms – our elementary schools do not have enough classroom space to meet the projected enrollment growth.
- There is no zero cost option. It will cost approximately $188 million over the next 15 years just to repair and maintain the current school buildings. The district will be forced to divert funds from the instructional budget.
All six buildings that would be renovated or rebuilt during the first phase of the community’s master plan will be open to the community for tours in September. “In keeping with the Board of Education’s [...]
ThisWeek News reported on July 3, 2017 the Upper Arlington Board of Education took the final step to place a combined 8.92-mill levy and bond issue on the November 2017 ballot. This step was taken [...]
Levy will impact community for generations to come Upper Arlington, OH – In response to the Upper Arlington board of education’s announcement to place a combined 3.75-mill operating levy and $230 million bond issue on [...]